Kia ora koutou
Thank you for your support of your daughter, and of the school as we navigate our way through the different Covid-19 Alert Levels.
We look forward to welcoming your daughter back to school tomorrow – Thursday 9th September, and hope that you have taken the time to read through the information shared earlier in the week.
I would like to highlight some key points:
- Students must stay at home if they are sick. All other students are expected to attend school as normal.
- A student induction to Delta Alert Level 2 and a wellbeing check will be led by Tutor Group teachers during Period 1 tomorrow from 8.45-9.45am.
- ALL Year 13 students are expected to be in Tutor group at the beginning of the day on Thursday.
- ALL students must be in Winter uniform. With the cooler weather, they must layer under their school shirt, school jersey, blazer and school jacket. Non-regulation uniform items will not be accepted.
- Lunchtime will be shortened on Thursday and Friday, so school will finish at 3pm.
- Please bring correct equipment – devices are essential.
- Assemblies will be online until further notice.
- As well as soap and water in the toilets, there will be hand sanitiser in every classroom and students will be encouraged to use this as they enter every room. Desks and surfaces will be disinfected at the start of each lesson.
- Wearing of face masks is highly recommended for both staff and students whilst on site at school.
DROP OFF’S/PICK UP’S
Parents and caregivers are reminded that access to the school site is limited under Delta Alert Level 2. Please arrange to drop students off and pick them up in a safe place away from school. Ward Street and Hill street are not recommended as they get very congested and this poses risks for our students as they walk to and from the school grounds. The lake, Seddon road and Lake road are good options.
The school is preparing for sport at Delta Alert Level 2. Sport Waikato has decided that there will be NO return to play this weekend. There will also be NO sports practices this week. This will be reviewed when we have more information from SportNZ and Sport Waikato and information will be shared with the community.
A reminder that it is mandatory for all students who use public bus services to wear a face mask. Be mindful that bus capacities are reduced and that students may need to get an earlier bus to ensure they get to school on time.