Welcome to the school website. Hamilton Girls' High School is a busy, energetic and vibrant school where, each day, staff and students meet the current challenges of teaching and learning in a myriad of different ways. Underpinning all levels of operation of the school is the philosophy that Hamilton Girls' High School is committed to providing a rich educational and pastoral environment where each girl can be encouraged to find her strengths, enhance her talents and reach her own potential.
Within the overall structure of Hamilton Girls' High School, the Board of Trustees has responsibility for overall financial management and for long-term strategic planning. The Board also develops and reviews school policies, not only to ensure compliance with Ministry of Education requirements, but to provide a framework for school operations which ensures safety, equity, transparency and accountability.
Future focus for the Board of Trustees:
- Security of the school - incorporates security cameras, the boundary fence, lighting
- Building the mezzanine in Ngaa Puawaitanga
- Landscaping plans
- Planning for a new gymnasium
- Continuation of the Weather Tightness programme for the Anderson Technology block and the Administration block
- Continue to upgrade staff workspaces and classrooms
- Regular reporting to the Board through department reviews and achievement data reporting
- Review of marketing image of the Hostel
Hamilton Girls' High School ERO Report Download Now