HAMILTON GIRLS’ HIGH SCHOOL – SONNINGHILL HOSTEL – Boarding Manager
Our Mission: Hamilton Girls’ High School is dedicated to providing for girls in a caring environment and preparing our students to aspire to excellence, broadening their horizons and preparing them for the challenges of the 21st century.
Sonninghill Hostel aims to provide the best possible living arrangements for girls who board away from home to attend Hamilton Girls’ High School. The Hostel accommodates up to 138 students.
The Role: We are seeking a Boarding Manager to work from 2.15pm to 10.15pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings 6.30am to 2.30pm. Hours reduce during Set Leave weekends each Term. One week in every four is also required as the first point of contact. A 2 bedroom house is included in the remuneration package.
The successful applicant will hold a clean full drivers licence and will be:
- Able to communicate effectively with teenage girls
- Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care
- Leading a Hostel House within the Hostel structure
- Punctual and Reliable
- Competent at MS Word, Excel and Google docs & sheets
- Able to apply procedures consistently
- Physically fit – there are a lot of stairs
- Well organised and interactive
- A team player with a good sense of humour
- Able to follow instructions
- Fun and able to entertain and engage teenage girls
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to multi-task
- Resilient – comfortable supervising and leading teenage girls
This position offers the opportunity to work in a well-established school Hostel with an excellent reputation. Police vetting is required.
The preferred start date is February 2024 (negotiable). Police vetting is essential.
Applications close: 24 November 2023
Hamilton Girls’ High School is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]